Can you believe that Gavin is 15 months old? Can you believe that I am 16 weeks pregnant with his baby sister/brother? WOW, time flies and having a child makes it fast forward.
So, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, Gavin decided to play with an interesting item over the weekend at my parent's house. It is a real favorite to roll around, shake, etc. Take a look! I swear we didn't let him drink any of the Margaritas or me for that matter!
He has been a really ham lately and we can barely get him to stop long enough to take his picture. I caught him the other day showing off his pretty toothy smile…

Other than that, he is trying to talk up a storm. He as been adding words on and off. There is still a lot of babble but he knows what he is talking about. The latest addition thanks to Daddy is dude ("due"). It is very cute though. He is also saying bowl ("boow") because he loves to play with the kitchen utensils (plastic whisk and slotted spoon) and various bowls and pans. I would say that Daddy ("da-dee"), juice ("jew-ce") and shoes ("sue") are his favorite words. Shoes equate to buh-bye and going outside or for a ride so he is all about that.
He is getting braver by the day and is really starting to test us to see if we are consistent. He is just too smart. I really don't mean that but he keeps us on our toes. We are currently trying to master coming down the stairs. He can go up no problem but he wants to come down like a big boy. Well, that doesn't work very well. Pete is making big progress in this area. Gavin is also a dancing machine. He wiggles and grooves with or without music and as it turns out has a friend at school, Emma, that dances with him all the time. He will intentionally turn music on to dance if available. It is too cute. I am going to try and get some video of this soon. Here is a still shot for your enjoyment. He is too funny though. He swings his butt from side to side sometime but other times, bouncing his knees does the trick too.
We are starting to work on Gavin's big boy room. We are leaving the nursery as is since we worked so hard on it and we are creating Gavin a new room. The project is providing major changes throughout the house as far as closet usage, furniture and storage are concerned. Currently, Gavin's big boy room is filled with lots of boxes, a daybed, my closet (although that is in a current state of flux) and a bunch of junk. We are hoping to clear out the rest of this in the next few weeks. Once we make some headway, I'll take some pictures of his new room to pass on to you. I considered taking some before pictures but I really don't want to remember this mess, maybe once it's empty.
So, in honor of Cinco de Mayo, Gavin decided to play with an interesting item over the weekend at my parent's house. It is a real favorite to roll around, shake, etc. Take a look! I swear we didn't let him drink any of the Margaritas or me for that matter!

He has been a really ham lately and we can barely get him to stop long enough to take his picture. I caught him the other day showing off his pretty toothy smile…
Other than that, he is trying to talk up a storm. He as been adding words on and off. There is still a lot of babble but he knows what he is talking about. The latest addition thanks to Daddy is dude ("due"). It is very cute though. He is also saying bowl ("boow") because he loves to play with the kitchen utensils (plastic whisk and slotted spoon) and various bowls and pans. I would say that Daddy ("da-dee"), juice ("jew-ce") and shoes ("sue") are his favorite words. Shoes equate to buh-bye and going outside or for a ride so he is all about that.
He is getting braver by the day and is really starting to test us to see if we are consistent. He is just too smart. I really don't mean that but he keeps us on our toes. We are currently trying to master coming down the stairs. He can go up no problem but he wants to come down like a big boy. Well, that doesn't work very well. Pete is making big progress in this area. Gavin is also a dancing machine. He wiggles and grooves with or without music and as it turns out has a friend at school, Emma, that dances with him all the time. He will intentionally turn music on to dance if available. It is too cute. I am going to try and get some video of this soon. Here is a still shot for your enjoyment. He is too funny though. He swings his butt from side to side sometime but other times, bouncing his knees does the trick too.

No comments:
Post a Comment