So, my baby boy is 2. Two years/twenty-four months gone by. On one hand it seems so fast and on the other, when I put all of my fondest memories back to back, it seems like a long time. First smiles, laughs, rolls, steps…all of the hugs and kisses and the cries. So many firsts…and now seconds.
Gavin's birthday celebration was a multiple day event. It turned into a festival of sorts. It all began with a birthday party at school. Cupcakes, corny plastic rings and singing for all. I asked Gavin if he had fun and he told me, "birthday party was fun with cupcakes." I then asked him who's birthday it was and he told me, "Happy Birthday to Gavin."
What a difference a year makes.
Gavin's birthday celebration was a multiple day event. It turned into a festival of sorts. It all began with a birthday party at school. Cupcakes, corny plastic rings and singing for all. I asked Gavin if he had fun and he told me, "birthday party was fun with cupcakes." I then asked him who's birthday it was and he told me, "Happy Birthday to Gavin."
What a difference a year makes.
1st Birthday
2nd Birthday
Gavin loves Monster Jam so this was his theme for his party. He loved it.

We are now charging ahead to take on the Terrible Twos. Whatever that means. As far as I can tell, he has his moments. It doesn't seem to be a phase to me but its early, right? The worst of it seems to be driven by teething. He is working on his two year molars and ouch! It makes for a cranky 2 year old. We are hoping for a quick breakthrough.
The questions have began. "Where did he go?" asking for a missing toy or person. If you ask him the same his response is "Can't find him anywhere." As he is still looking for a truck or his Daddy. Too funny! I know that we are only on the edge of questions and it is too funny. We are still trying to get him in for his 2 year pictures. Hasn't happened yet. He is not really in the mood for this either. I was actually waiting for his hair to grow out a little too. We have another good week until it is at the length I really like. His hair grows fast…
He did go to the doctor for his physical and he is a growing boy. 35 lbs and 36 inches tall. He continues to ride the 95% for size and has been there from day one. No changes so, his growth is steady. Doctor was a little scary this time for Gavin. It is the first appointment after the whole chin stitches incident. That was pretty fresh in his mind so he was not to thrilled to get checked out. He did say thank you when he was done and gave Dr. Somers a high 5! With tears in his eyes and all.
He attended Monster Jam over the weekend for party of his birthday gift. Daddy and PaPa took him and they had a blast.

No comments:
Post a Comment