Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Chewin' Steppin' and Snippin'

Nora has passed/achieved a number of first time milestones as of late. She cut her first tooth at the end of August and is now breaking two more through this week. She is looking very cute but I will miss the gummy smile. She had a rough time getting her first tooth but the recent ones are going smoothly.
Nora is stepping and starting to walk! She has been cruising around furniture (holding on) for quite some time now but she let go about two weeks ago. She is a brave little soul. After two days of practicing between Mommy and Daddy, she was going between furniture pieces and even towards Gavin, no matter who was around and with only her will as motivation. She is now starting to change directions and can stop and stand in place more and more. She is learning to get up from lower objects and not have to pull up. I was surprised at these efforts since that took Gavin awhile to master despite his early walking.


We broke down over the weekend and trimmed Nora's hair. Some of her dark baby hair never fell out and was about 6 inches long. It was mostly located on top of her head, crown. In addition, some of the first hair to grow back after baby hair fell out was right in front, bangs. So, this was going in her eyes and the flyaways were real bad. In addition, we are leaving for vacation this coming Sunday (see below) and there will be a lot of pool time so I didn't want her hair in her eyes. Haircut was answer. We put her on the changing table and wet her hair. Papa and Daddy played with Nora and took some great pictures and I trimmed her hair. It turned out really nice. The remainder of her hair is starting to curl. Not like Gavin's, more wavy. She has dove tails all over her head now. Too cute!


Other Nora info…babble…babble…she really isn't says too many words. Da-da, ma-ma, gi-gi (Gavin or Gammie???) and that is about it. She really prefers to yell, squeal, holler, sing, raspberries, tongue flicker, etc. I guess words will evolve out of all of that soon enough.

Gavin is my ham. He thinks that "blowing" the flash out on the camera is all that you are suppose to do with the camera. So, most of his pictures show him with puckered lips. The other option is saying pickles and he jumps all over the place. The dilemma of "I want", "I need" vs., "Can I have _____, please?" is waging war in our house. Admittedly, most of it is semantics and learning the polite use of the American language. The times when whining enters the picture is too much. I love the influence of the rest of the world on your children as well. The whining kid at school can have such an impact of our child. Oh, we can survive this phase of the terrible 2s...

Gavin stayed up late this past weekend to watch the first half of the Buckeye football game. GO BUCKS! Texas, HA! He was looking too cute and was trying to learn some of the Ohio State cheers but one involves spelling Ohio (OH - IO) and this resulted in him reciting the ABCs...
I was laughing so hard.

We are off to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico this weekend and couldn't be more excited. Gammie and Papa have timeshare and we are joining them for their first week. My brother Jarrett will be there too for the majority of the first week. We'll let you know how it goes. In the meantime, I have vacation on the brain and just want it to be Sunday.

July 10 through present (9/10)

No comments:

Post a Comment